Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Growlights

Every year I've tried to start chilli and pepper plants off nice and early in January.
Each year the heated propagator does the trick and the seeds germinate
fairly quickly - but a couple of weeks in I end up with a load of straggly 
seedlings due to lack of natural daylight.

I've bitten the bullet this year and shelled out £100 for a grow light kit -
after a load of research comparing CFL / Sodium kits I've gone for
a budget fluorescent setup that should keep the chilli seedlings going until
the weather warms up sufficiently to transplant them to the greenhouse.

In the end I bought the system below from Greens Horticulture (http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk)
- although still waiting for them to deliver it....... hurry up!!!!!

Once I have it up and running I'll post the results



No comments: